Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

You're Connected

As much as I learn about computers I continue to be amazed at the things I do not know.  Granted, some of those computer issues I learned long ago, but didn't remember how to remedy a situation when the issue repeated itself. Of all the things I do on my computer, I still don't know how it all works, and sometime I wonder if it will ever work again. This one thing makes me smile....when I power up the laptop to do some work or surfing the web, there is a little box in the lower right corner of the screen and it says, "You're Connected."

Recently there was a fiber optic line severed in a nearby town.  That was the line which fed computer service to most of the internet providers in our community, and it took over 10 hours to repair.  I could not understand why my computer told me I was connected, but could not make the internet work.  Then I remembered the message telling me I was connected, only meant I was connected to my router, but the router wasn't connected to the internet.  There is bound to be a lesson here, and maybe more than one. Just because that little box on my screen says, "You're Connected," it doesn't mean I have full connection to the internet. 

It started me to thinking about how easily I might be fooled by other messages on this contraption.  I  prefer having more of a sure thing.  I like to be able to trust the messages I receive and send.  And when my computer gives the "message sent" indication, it would be nice to trust that to be true.  And it's the same trust I have learned to expect when God makes a promise to his children.

Here are some instances of God's promises which you can know are true for you.  Read them and come to experience God's loving provision designed specifically for you.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."  Jeremiah 29:11

"And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:19

"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord."   Romans 6:23

Spend some time in your Bible looking for more promises.  They are for you, and are God's gifts to you.  Isn't it nice to know, along with his promises, you are always connected?

And here's a verse from an old gospel song:

Standing on the promises I cannot fall,
Listening every moment to the Spirit’s call
Resting in my Savior as my all in all,
Standing on the promises of God.


ronbwriting@gmail.com












No comments:

Post a Comment